Sunday, 24 January 2016

Print Production Ideas: 2

 Keeping on the same lines as the first idea, I used similar photos and changed them to the square ratio to allow me to use them on the digipack format. In addition, I chose 4 separate beach hut photos to create 4 snapshots from the music video. It also allows more colour to be immersed in the album artwork and relates directly to the title being "Brightly Coloured".

























































When I had finished editing the 4 photos individually, I then positioned them all onto the digipack format and manipulated the photos into different shapes, such as shown in this edit to see if there was an arty way of positioning the photos. For the striped blue photo, I flipped it horizontally so when it was on the right hand side of the purple and blue beach hut photo, it looked like the two photos were looking at each other. Although the circular photos provide a unique appearance to the album art, I feel like it seems very childish. Instead of the circles, I chose squares, reflecting the pop art era and Andy Warhol's painting of Marilyn Monroe in 4 different all with different colourations. This picture was one of the most iconic pieces of art from the pop art period and I wanted to reflect this. I put my own spin on it by putting a border round the photos. Although it created a divide between each photo, it also made this postcard which suggests the Britishness of the artist and the song.



































































1 comment:

  1. Circular images and square images - both styles are impressive and focus on the performer.

    I like your use of bright colours (links to title of the track) and your reference to Warhole. Hmmm....the circular images may be the more impressive and also reflect the circular shape of a CD.

    Get feedback. You could enter both then internal moderators to include feedback from other students will influence the final decision.

    Well done Emily for explaining stages of production on photo shop.

    ReplyDelete