
For my initial drawings of what I wanted my print production to look like. For panel 1, I wanted to show the protagonist from the music video, as this allows a relationship to be made between the music video and the cover art. In addition, the protagonist is the target audience's age, gender and ethnicity and suggests to my target market that this album is for you. I used one of the stills we took at the beach with the beach hut to allow the conventions of a British band and the theme of Norfolk with the beach connotations.

For panel 2 and 3, I showed them together as I wanted the picture to be over both. The image would be of the forest, edited against the shoreline to create this fantasy world that is created by Lauren in her dreams. Then positioned in-front of the trees would be a full body image of Lauren holding the shell that she used to transport herself into the dreams, taken as a long shot in a studio, in one of the costumes used in the music video. Behind the CD, the background image would continue.
For panel 4, I would take new photos in the school's studio of Lauren in 4 different costumes (The beach costume, the animal costume, and two 'reality' costumes) she wears in the music video. I would want them all looking inwards at each other from a profile shot, apart from one which would be a shot of Lauren front facing. The titles of the songs, would be listed along the top, with the name of the band at the bottom with the barcode layered within the border around the collage.

No comments:
Post a Comment