Friday, 22 January 2016

Print Production Ideas: 1


This is the first image I started with, taken at the beach huts in Cromer. I chose this photo as it displayed the light humour and 'fun' in our music video while also linking back to the Norfolk and British influence on our music video. 





Firstly I used the quick selection tool to highlight the background without Lauren in to allow me to change the colouration of the beach hut. I used hue tool and chose this alizarian crimson as it had connotations of femininity, but it also matched the colour of her lipstick. I then used the contrast tool to make it slightly darker.





I then cropped the photo into a square size so it would fit the proportions of the digipack. I then used the transform tool to straighten the photo slightly and made sure Lauren was in the centre of the photo.  I finally used the burn tool to create more shadows, such as on the side of her leg and round the hat and hair to make her stand out even more from the vibrant background. 













When I had finished the final edit, I then decided to find a suitable font to fit with the front of the digipack. I tested this font called "freshman" because it was modern and could appeal to our target audience of young adults. It has this college look to it which is bold and stands out against the red beach hut. However, it looks gimmicky and not as professional as I wanted it to look. 



Instead, I used this font as it was still modern and stood out, but was more minimalist and subtle. I positioned it to the left hand side of the image as the photo because it then worked with the rule of thirds and became visually pleasing. 

I then wanted to see what the album cover would look like with the title of the song as well and rather than using another font which would make the photo become messy and disjointed, I used the same font but using a different colour which would still stand out on the red background. 




















1 comment:

  1. Excellent technical detail and evaluation of stages of production. The text integrates effectively with the image.

    Could you upload structure of your digipak and also initial plans for all 4 panels. Thanks Emily.

    ReplyDelete